Arch Linux Pamac doesn’t start after update

After update of my Arch linux, I try to run pamac-manager, it opens and closes with some strange errors like this:

root@sky ]# pamac-manager
Error: The connection is closed

** (pamac-manager:4724): CRITICAL **: 07:20:10.511: pamac_user_daemon_get_lockfile: assertion ‘self != NULL’ failed

(pamac-manager:4724): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 07:20:10.511: g_file_new_for_path: assertion ‘path != NULL’ failed

** (pamac-manager:4724): CRITICAL **: 07:20:10.526: pamac_user_daemon_get_repos_names: assertion ‘self != NULL’ failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

After some research i have found that pacman was updated again.. and there was a problem.. latest pamac-aur doesn’t work with it.. So I found a simple solution for this!

My pacman version:

pacman -V

.–. Pacman v5.2.1 – libalpm v12.0.1
/ _.-‘ .-. .-. .-. Copyright (C) 2006-2019 Pacman Development Team
\ ‘-. ‘-‘ ‘-‘ ‘-‘ Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Judd Vinet
‘–‘
This program may be freely redistributed under
the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Just download this:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arcolinux/arcolinux_repo_iso/master/x86_64/pamac-aur-9.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

After downloading this file just run this:

pacman -U pamac-aur-9.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

and output should look like this:

loading packages…
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (1) pamac-aur-9.1.0-1

Total Installed Size: 2.41 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.75 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [#####################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [#####################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files [#####################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [#####################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space [#####################] 100%
:: Processing package changes…
(1/1) upgrading pamac-aur [#####################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks…
(1/6) Reloading system manager configuration…
(2/6) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…
(3/6) Reloading system bus configuration…
(4/6) Updating icon theme caches…
(5/6) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache…
(6/6) Updating the MIME type database…

After this is done.. try to run your pamac-manager and it should work!

pamac-manager